2Muslims.com used to give gold, silver and bronze awards to quality Islamic websites, but for some reason they discontinued it in 2007.
I think it’s time to restart an Islamic website awards program. IslamicSearch.com will be giving a monthly award to one selected Islamic website. For now the award will consist of recognition only, but in the future I would like to add a cash prize, Insha’Allah. I would need sponsors for that and I invite any interested parties to contact me, or comment on this post.
I would also like to invite readers to submit your choices for the best Islamic website in any of the following categories:
- General Islamic website or portal
- Islamic knowledge, including Fiqh, Sunnah, Aqeedah, etc.
- Islamic discussion forums
- Da’wah and information for Muslim converts
- Islamic social network
- Muslim blog
- Muslim marriage or matchmaking website
- Islamic advice or questions-and-answers
- News about Islam and the Muslim world
- Best new Islamic website (for sites created in this calendar year)
Did I miss any categories? Please let me know.
The first award will be given at the end of December Insha’Allah.